From Ethical Technology, Ethical Design
- New logo/icon to be used across Wiki, Slack, Medium
- Find additional volunteers to help with community management (e.g. moderation, content)
- Review and (if needed) clean up Code of Conduct
- Build content
- Figure out how to make MediaWiki work on mobile
- I've prepared the basic configuration of MobileFrontend and Minerva, but there are three issues:
- Issue 1: Mobile menu does not include the sidebar links. Need to implement this workaround: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Tiggc18fvd3stmsf (there is an open issue here but we are currently dependent on MW 1.28)
- Issue 2: The Main Page does not display its title.
- Issue 3: The header omits the name of the site. In contrast, the Mediawiki site displays the text "MediaWiki" between the hamburger icon and the searchbox.
- I've asked for help with #2 and #3 here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Tx1vbgq1zo13e4px
- Decide how navigation within a section will work (set up collections or groups of pages?)
- Investigate extensions to support resource library (reference management, document management, tagging/categorization)
- Display Medium feed on home page?
- Other layout/visual improvements to key pages
- Header color or background
- Update channel descriptions/topics
- Mechanism to contact moderators without knowing their names
- Badges for moderators
- Find a non-public archival solution for when we exceed 10,000 messages (we're at 3,200 as of August 25)